Salient to Investors:
Jim Chanos at Kynikos Associates says:
- He expects declines in companies that may be inexpensive compared with earnings, like in natural gas, which have enormous cash needs, and iron-ore producers, where industry capacity will expand globally even as demand stalls because of China’s slowdown
- A number of high-profile natural gas companies may be in financial difficulty as early as next year.
- In tech, it’s very difficult to prosper again when you have been leapfrogged.
- The US economy and banking system is in better shape than others
- The surprises will be on the positive side in the U.S. market
- Questions being asked about the Chinese banking system are getting more granular
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-19/chanos-sees-no-shortage-of-overpriced-stocks-in-u-s-bull-market.html