Investa is a fee-only Registered Investment Advisor.
Portfolio Advisory Fees are specified in an agreement with each individual client. Investa typically charges fees that are based upon a set percentage of assets under management as follows:
Market Value of Assets Managed Quarterly Fees
$100,000 to $2 million 0.25%
Over $2 million Negotiable
Money Management clients of Investa may receive either discounted or free financial planning services depending upon the level of assets under management.
Investa does not charge performance fees.
Investa reserves the right to negotiate fees and to reduce, waive or calculate differently such fees for certain clients for any reason. Some clients pay more or less than others depending on certain factors, including but not limited to, the type and size of the account, the range of additional services provided to the client, and the total amount of assets managed for a single client.
Principals and employees of Investa are typically not charged a fee for portfolio management or financial planning.
Payment of Fees
Clients may choose to authorize Investa to deduct fees directly from their account(s) or pay their fees directly. The specific manner in which fees are charged is established in the client’s written investment advisory agreement.
Investa will generally bill its fees on a quarterly basis in advance; calculated by multiplying the market value of the client’s account (including cash and cash equivalents) as of the last day of the preceding quarter by the quarterly percentage fee.
Upon termination of an account, any prepaid, unearned fees will be promptly refunded, and any earned, unpaid fees will be due and payable.
Non-Investa Fees or Expenses
- Clients may pay third party fees, costs, and other expenses in addition to the fees paid to Investa. Investa does not receive any portion of these fees and costs. For example, clients may pay:
- Costs associated with securities transactions, such as brokerage commissions, odd-lot differentials, transfer taxes, wire transfer and electronic fund fees and other fees and taxes on brokerage accounts and securities transactions which are unrelated to the advisory fees collected by Investa.
- Fees charged by brokers, banks or other qualified custodians for custody services.
- Sales charges or service fees to third parties, including deferred sales charges, in connection with any purchases of securities issued by investment companies, including open-end and closed-end mutual funds, exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”) and money market funds. Such investment companies may also charge internal management fees, which are disclosed in the applicable fund’s prospectus and/or financial filings. Investa does not recommend investing in such investment companies unless, in Investa’s judgment, the potential benefits of such investments justify the payment of any associated fees and expenses.
- “Account termination fees” or “transfer fees” charged by the brokerage firm from whom the client’s account is transferred.