Salient to Investors:
Fareed Zakaria said:
- Kenneth Pollock says Iran’s foreign policy has been rational and prudent over the years.
- China has less than 5% of the vote in the World Bank and less than 4% of the vote at the IMF.
Larry Summers said:
- The US has lost its role as the underwriter of the global economic system.
- US diplomacy has proved a disaster
Malcolm Gladwell said:
- Americans are the most honest taxpayers in the world, with only Switzerland even close, yet the penalties for cheating are lower than almost anywhere else, the IRS audits a smaller number of taxpayers than almost any other developed country.
- Americans perceive their tax system as legitimate.
- Power is perceived as legitimate if it is respectful of those who are under its purview, if it is fair and trustworthy.
- If you raise a child in comfort, the path to it doing something extraordinary is more difficult.
Watch the video at http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/category/gps-episodes/ or read the full transcript