Salient to Investors:
- Money managers increased net-long positions in gold for a fourth straight week through July 1 and assets in gold-backed global ETPs are rising at the fastest pace since November 2012.
- John Kinsey at Caldwell Securities expects further gold strength through 2014.
- Societe Generale predicts gold prices will fall by year-end.
- Barnabas Gan at Oversea-Chinese Banking said gold will fall to $1,150 by year-end.
- Goldman expects gold to fall by year-end and drop to $1,050 in 12 months.
- Chad Morganlander at Stifel, Nicolaus expects gold prices to fall as the global economy improves and the US economy accelerates in the coming months.
- The Linn Group said corn output in the US will jump to the highest ever this year.
- Sameer Samana at Wells Fargo Advisors said it is hard to see how corn prices can rise given record acres and record yields.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-07/gold-shines-again-as-hedge-funds-increase-holdings-commodities.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.