Salient to Investors:
Fareed Zakaria said:
- There is increasing evidence that the military backbone of ISIS is made up not with Islamic Zealots but high-ranking officers from Saddam Hussein’s army.
- ISIS recruits primarily because of the rage and rebellion of the Sunnis of Iraq and Syria. Sunni dominated areas will remain in turmoil and ISIS will be able to capitalize that.
- The allure of ISIS, like other radical Islamic groups, fades under medieval barbarous governing and ever-increasing repression.
- ISIS hopes the US will come to the Middle East to fight them on their terrain.
- ISIS’ gruesome videos work on alienated young men who seek revenge, glory and gore.
- ISIS people are completely brainwashed.
- ISIS wants to provoke the US into sending grounds troops – their dream is the ultimate fight against Americans.
Thomas Friedman at The New York Times said ISIS’ value proposition appeals to young males who never held a job, power, or a girl’s hand by offering them a wife, a salary, and power over others.
Watch the video at http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/category/gps-episodes/ or read the full transcript