Salient to Investors:
- Pundits calling for a huge decline in equities are either the absolutely certain types, who have stuck to their prediction for years, and the less media-savvy academics and heads of research at big investment firms who see a decline but after the market goes higher.
- The last set of economic “reasons” for global markets to implode did not lead to that result.
- Emerging bonds are back in vogue among big investors. Emerging country stock markets are pushing gains well into the double digits.
- The US stock market could easily rise for a number of unknowable reasons, including late-arriving investors, Fed pronouncements, and a stronger economy.
- Owning a diversified portfolio of global index funds benefits from all trends, all the time, regardless of underlying economies or investor sentiment, because a re-balancing strategy would have cashed out gains in up markets for investment in down markets.
Read the full article at http://www.marketwatch.com/story/did-you-miss-this-foreign-stocks-boom-2014-07-31
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.