Salient to Investors:
The National Association for Business Economics expects:
- The US economy to grow 2.1 percent in 2013 – 1.6 percent in Q4, 1.8 percent in Q1, 2.4 percent in Q2, 2.6 percent in Q3, and 3 percent in Q4.
- Unemployment will average 7.7 percent in 2013.
- Housing to again be a standout performer with residential investment growing at an annual rate of 12 percent in 2013, new home building to rise 21 percent from 2012, and home prices to increase 3.5 percent.
- Business investment in equipment and software and structures will slow in 2013.
- After-tax corporate profits will increase 5 percent versus expected 8.5 percent gain in 2012 and the 10.2 percent average increase over the past 20 years.
Read the full article at http://business.time.com/2012/12/17/economists-forecasting-moderate-2012-growth/.
Click here to receive free email alerts of articles when they are added to the Wisdom database.