Salient to Investors:
The Legatum Prosperity Index attempts to broaden economic health beyond indicators such as GDP. The latest index shows:
- The US slid from the top 10 for the first time – to 12th position
- Norway, Denmark and Sweden were declared the most prosperous
- The standing of the US economy has deteriorated to beneath that of 19 rivals:
- Respect for the government has fallen
- Fewer Americans perceive working hard gets you ahead
- Companies face higher startup costs
- The export of high-technology products is dropping.
- Global prosperity has increased across all regions in the past four years.
- Switzerland has the strongest economy and the best system of governance.
- Denmark is the most entrepreneurial
- New Zealand has the best education
- Luxembourg has the best health
- Iceland is the safest
- Canadians enjoy the most personal freedom
- Norwegians have the greatest social capital.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-10-30/u-s-prosperity-slides-in-index-that-ranks-norway-no-1.html