Salient to Investors:
- Art speculators’ whims often transform art into a terrible investment. Even beautiful art can be a fundamentally fickle asset.
- Adam Lindemann cites more speculative buying than ever since the financial crisis, but says people avoid artists whose price goes down.
- In the contemporary art world there is a perception the market is unstoppable.
- Thea Westreich said sooner or later, the art world comes to its senses and things sort themselves out.
- Countless collectors and speculators have bought work by young, in-demand artists only to see their investment disappear in a matter of months.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-02-12/the-dangers-of-investing-in-art-anselm-reyle-s-decline
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.