Salient to Investors:
Jim Rogers said:
- The most important economic event of the next 10 to 20 years is what happened in Beijing, though largely ignored, particularly by the Western media.
- Current efforts to reform, if followed through, could take a generation to really bear fruit but Chinese agriculture, railroads, medical care and defense are attractive investments, even if the country’s stock market collapses
- Buying Chinese stocks, including financials, for the first time since 2008.
- The overriding concept from the plenum is “when in doubt, the market will decide.” Policy makers seem to have the wind at their back and leaders have put a lot of prestige on the line.
- Talk about China’s economy being a bubble or that its ascendance will end is reminiscent of what Europeans said about the US after the Civil War. And within a generation after WWI, the undisputed No. 1, the United Kingdom, was no longer that.
Read the full article at http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2013/11/18/jim-rogers-biggest-event-of-next-10-20-years-just-happened-in-china/
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.