Salient to Investors:
William C. Dudley at FRB of New York said:
- We need to see continued improvement in the labor market and other good economic news before tapering.
- The FOMC are committed to not allowing inflation to rise above its 2 percent target by any significant margin because we tried that in the ’60s and ’70s and it did not end well when they found out they were trading a little lower unemployment for ever-higher inflation.
- Rising domestic interest rates and the global economic outlook pose risks to the US economy.
- The labor market remains unhealthy with a great deal of slack.
- Growth has not shown any meaningful pickup in momentum and the economy still needs the support of a very accommodative monetary policy.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-27/dudley-says-fiscal-debate-among-risks-to-u-s-economic-outlook.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.