Salient to Investors:
Christine Lagarde at the IMF said:
- The global economic outlook is less positive than in April but is still in recovery, and improved from a year ago.
- IMF growth forecasts for Hong Kong have not changed.
- The financial crisis left more major scars and legacies that the economies have been able to deal and so the potential for growth is lower even for the medium term
- The world risks long-term new mediocre, particularly in advanced economies with legacies of high debt and high unemployment and clouds in Ukraine and the Middle East.
- The prospects for women integration in Japan and Korea are positive. The education of girls is critical for economic development.
- The US has sufficient energy and confidence in the private sector to move the US economy forward. The US economy falls deeply but comes back more quickly than other economies.
Watch the video at http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29469185
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.