Salient to Investors:
Alexei Kudrin at Sberbank said:
- The conflict in Ukraine will take 2 to 3 years at a minimum to resolve
- Russia’s current level of investment is insufficient for development and maintaining growth above 1%.
- Growth will near zero or even negative, primarily because of the lack of investments.
- At the current level of sanctions, Russia’s economy risks zero growth or contraction in the next 2 or 3 years – a slump of 5% is possible within a year if Russia is cut off from the SWIFT banking transaction system.
- The ruble will remain volatile and hold near its present level against the dollar for a year.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-16/ukraine-crisis-seen-lasting-for-years-in-threat-to-russia.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.