Salient to Investors:
William Pesek writes:
- Asia represents more than half the global economy.
- Softbank founder Masayoshi Son’s $326 million purchase of Tokyo’s landmark Tiffany Building may be a sign Japan’s long-suffering property market is turning around – the success of this investment will be a good barometer.
- Every scrap of growth matters in a region struggling to reduce poverty and narrow wage gaps, so Asia is in for a rocky few months as the Fed decides on tapering.
- Eventually the Chinese will discover tuna and begin outbidding Japan for it.
- The BRICs are not a genuine collective endeavor with clear aspirations for humankind.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-10-02/pesek-on-asia-breakfast-at-tiffany-s.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.