Salient to Investors:
In a Bloomberg poll:
- 38 percent say the US is on the right track, the best reading since September 2009, while 55 percent say the US is on the wrong track.
- 48 percent approve of Obama’s handling of the economy, 48 percent disapprove.
- 31 percent expect a better year financially in 2013, 23 percent expect to be worse off, 44 percent expect no change.
- Household debt fell to 97.1 percent of personal income in mid-2012 versus a peak of 114.2 percent in Q3 2009.
- 18 percent say job security is improving, 12 percent say deteriorating.