Salient to Investors:
The OECD said:
- The global economy’s predicted growth is lowered to 3.1% in 2015 and 3.8% in 2016 due to an unexpectedly weak Q1 and investment yet to take off. The global economy rates a B-minus.
- Large businesses have been unwilling to invest as vigorously as in previous cyclical recoveries, and many governments have delayed investing in infrastructure.
- The US’ predicted growth is lowered to 2% in 2015 and 2.8% in 2016 due to transitory disruptions, including a strong dollar and bad weather in early 2015.
- China’s predicted growth is lowered to 6.8% in 2015.
- The Eurozone’s predicted growth is raised to 1.4% in 2015 and 2.1% in 2016 due to bolder-than-expected monetary easing.
Read the full article at http://www.bbc.com/news/business-32990410
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.