Salient to Investors:
Jeremy Grantham at GMO advises:
- You don’t know how the important people in your life will behave under pressure.
- Local cultural differences can be very lasting.
- Even great ideas can fail.
- Investing is serious and should not be driven by excitement, as it is for many individual investors.
- From 1970 to 1990, institutional investors seemed to prefer start-ups to the giant banks, which did so badly in the 1974 decline.
- It is better to be lucky than good.
Read the full article at http://www.businessinsider.com/grantham-5-important-lessons-2014-7
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.