Salient to Investors:
Fareed Zakaria said:
- Destroying ISIS will take collaboration with Iran (which has far more influence than the US with the Iraqi government) which would have beneficial effects from Iraq to Syria to Afghanistan.
- While air strikes are usually successful, what usually follows is messy.
- The US cannot both destroy ISIS and fight al-Nusra’s and Khorasan’s and not strengthen their principal rival, the Assad regime.
- The US has more than 240 doctors per 100,000 people, Liberia has under 1 per 100,000 people.
Shimon Peres said:
- We will see no more wars – they have been replaced by terrorism.
- Globality put an end to racism – you cannot be global and racist, global and nationalistic. Globality does not hang on power but on goodwill.
- Israel has to give the Palestinians a state.
- When you are president you live in a golden cage, so if you like gold you stay, but if you like to fly like a bird, you leave the cage.
The CDC said that by January there could be 1.4 million cases of Ebola in just Liberia and Sierra Leone.
Chelsea Clinton at the Clinton Foundation said Uganda has had 5 Ebola outbreaks in the last 14 years, yet none became epidemics because of their strong health care system: likewise there is only one isolated case in Senegal and geographical containment in Nigeria.
Paul Farmer at Harvard Medical School said:
- A good health care system goes from communities, community health workers, to clinics where the majority of health care can be delivered, and hospitals for the critically ill.
- Most people with Ebola should not die.
Mark Whitaker wrote that it was American culture change over the last 3 decades that transformed race relations, and Bill Cosby and “The Cosby Show” were crucial to that change.
UNICEF says that 1 in 5 children live in poverty in America, worse than almost every other economically advanced country.
Watch the video at http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/category/gps-episodes/ or read the full transcript http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1409/28/fzgps.01.html