Salient to Investors:
- Gender inequality in median earnings adjusted for inflation is still significant.
- In 2013, women earned 78 cents for every dollar that a man made versus 77 cents in 2012.
- Women are more likely to be impoverished than men, especially for women 65 and older. In 2013, 2 out of every 3 impoverished seniors were women.
- In 2013, there were 5.1 million more women in poverty than men versus 4.3 million in 2003.
- Men still get the good jobs.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-09-18/eight-things-in-the-poverty-report-that-ll-make-women-mad.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.