Salient to Investors:
William C. Dudley at New York FRB said:
- European economic weakness and US budget woes mean more needs to be done to shore up the global economy and financial regulation.
- The US has too much fiscal restraint in the short-term, and too little consolidation in the long-term.
- The US economy is gradually improving, with households far along in the deleveraging process and recovering, the banking system healthier, credit easing, corporate sector highly profitable and awash in cash.
- Europe’s near-term macroeconomic outlook is less bright.
- Peripheral countries have made substantial efforts to bring down their structural budget deficits.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-04-22/dudley-says-more-needs-to-be-done-to-aid-eu-u-s-growth.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.