Salient to Investors:
- Analysing what parts of the market have lots of ground to make up to reclaim highs is a good way to gauge how much more the market can rise or fall.
- The NYSE Arca Airline Index is 59 percent below its peak.
- The S&P 500 Information Technology Index needs to rise another 49 percent to reach its March 2000 high. The Nasdaq Composite needs to rise 10 percent, and the Nasdaq 100 Index needs to rise 16 percent to reach previous highs.
- The KBW Bank Index is 41 percent below its peak. The S&P 500 Financials Index needs a 62 percent gain to reach its previous high.
- The S&P Supercomposite Homebuilding Index is down 55 percent from its record.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-27/don-t-talk-about-record-stock-prices-to-owners-of-these-shares.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.