Salient to Investors:
- ConocoPhillips and Abbott Lab are among the most lucrative retirement benefits, and Facebook, Amazon.com and Whole Foods Market among the least lucrative of 401(k) plans at the 250 biggest companies in the US.
- Over 40 percent of companies allow workers to take company contributions with them if they leave.
- 401(k)s are corporate America’s primary retirement vehicle with 61 million participants in 2011 versus 7.5 million in 1984.
- Mike Alfred at BrightScope said some companies believe it is their job to take care of employees, while others are sheer profit machines who offer only the minimum to be competitive.
- Energy and biotech generally scored high in the Bloomberg rankings.
Read the full article at http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-22/conocophillips-best-among-401-k-plans-with-facebook-last.html
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.