Salient to Investors:
Warren Buffett said:
- The Fed is the greatest hedge fund in history because of its ability to profit from bond purchases while accumulating a balance sheet of more than $3 trillion, probably generating $80 billion or $90 billion a year in revenue for the US government, not the case a few years back.
- The Fed is under no pressure whatsoever to deleverage so it can pick its time, though not on this scale before.
- The next chairman should follow Bernanke’s approach to economic stimulus.
- Dodd-Frank may limit future leaders from taking the steps that Bernanke and Paulson did in 2008 to calm markets as Congress does not like to give anybody that much authority.
- There will be another panic from somewhere.
- We have learned to turn out lots of goods and services, but not how to have everybody share in the bounty – nobody should get left too far behind.
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.