Salient to Investors:
Ray Dalio of Bridgewater Associates said:
- The euro will survive because austerity measures deterring growth will be balanced by ECB intervention, says southern Europe will suffer a managed depression lasting as long as 15 years.
- Countries in northern Europe are more likely to leave the euro currency bloc than indebted countries in the south.
- QE3 shows the Fed can’t lower interest rates to stimulate the economy.
- All investors should own gold – Warren Buffett is making a big mistake by saying he won’t own gold.
- The biggest risk is that an economic meltdown will trigger social unrest.