Salient to Investors:
David Stockman writes:
- Obama’s Keynesian policies are deplorable.
- The Iranian nuclear deal could mark a decisive turning point in rolling back US destructive interventionism and imperial pretensions in the Middle East and the world.
- Iran is not hell-bent on obtaining nuclear weapons as shown by the 2007 National Intelligence Estimates report – that the small-scale Iranian weapons research effort was abandoned in 2003 and never restarted – and evidenced several times since. The overwhelming evidence over more than three decades is that Iran’s primary aim has been to obtain enrichment capacity for its civilian reactors.
- The nuclear deal’s containment machinery keeps Iran far away from anything even remotely resembling an A-bomb capability, and virtually suffocates even Iran’s civilian nuclear industry which it entitled to under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, which excludes only India, Pakistan, South Sudan and Israel.
- Israel can thank its lucky stars that Obama and Rouhani have transcended 30 years of lies and enmities on both sides in order to give peace a chance. Netanyahu fashioned the giant lie that Iran is a fount of terrorism dedicated to the destruction of Israel and other treacherous purposes. Iran is no better or worse than any other major power in the Middle East, and far less of a threat to regional peace and stability than Egypt and Saudi Arabia – the Saudis have funded more terrorists throughout the region than Iran has ever imagined.
- US archives prove that the CIA overthrew Iran’s democratically elected government in 1953 and installed Mohammad Reza Shah to rule as a puppet on behalf of US security and oil interests.
- Iranian support of Syria is a long-standing alliance that is rooted in the historic confessional politics of the Islamic world.
- Assad’s Alawite regime has protected all of Syria’s minority sects, including Christians, against a majority-Sunni ethnic cleansing, which would occur if the Saudi supported rebels, led by ISIS, were to take power.
- Yemen has been racked by civil war since the early 1970s, driven by confessional differences between the Sunni south and the Shiite north.
Read the full article at http://davidstockmanscontracorner.com/all-praise-to-barrack-obama-hes-giving-peace-a-chance/?utm_source=wysija&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Mailing+List+Mid+Day+Friday
Click here to receive free and immediate email alerts of the latest forecasts.